Are you interested in applying for joint providership for an educational activity?
If your organization is a subsidiary of the Pennsylvania Medical Society (PAMED), state specialty society, county medical society, state government agency, or a local agency, PAMED may be able to consider your request. Exceptions are sometimes made on a case by case basis, but only if the organization has a strategic relationship with PAMED.
other accredited providers may be able to help you.
In deciding whether to apply for a joint providership, you may find the following frequently asked questions helpful in determining if your organization is able to dedicate the necessary resources to complete the process.
If our organization decides to pursue joint PROVIDERship for our activity, what will it cost to complete the application process for a live activity?
The fees associated with joint providership of a live activity are $2,000 for the administrative cost plus $30 per credit. A credit is equal to 1 hour of CME. For example, if your activity is an all-day session (8 hours of education) then the cost would be: Administrative cost: $2000 $30.00 x 8 hours: $240 Total cost: $2240
NOTE: If your organization intends to apply for educational grants from commercial interests please
contact us as additional fees may apply.
What resources will we need to complete the application process?
- Clinical knowledge to identify physician practice gaps, educational need (knowledge, competence, or performance), provide references in the form of links to websites or publication information, identify outcomes, do content reviews, or monitor session to resolve conflicts of interest. This can be one individual or a planning committee. This role is critical especially at the beginning to complete the application, but also throughout the process for conflict resolution. It is important that this resource be able to respond to emails or phone calls during the process.
- Administrative support is needed throughout the process. This resource is the main contact person for PAMED and serves as the “go-to” person throughout the process. Tasks include:
- Communicating with planners and speakers to request disclosure forms and resolve conflicts
- Submitting application and agenda to PAMED for consideration
- Receiving and paying the invoice
- Communicating with speakers to collect disclosures and speaker agreements and send to PAMED by due date
- Sending marketing materials to PAMED for approval and making revisions
- Sending exhibit forms/letters to PAMED for approval
- Creating and sending all onsite information (e.g., evaluation form, CME disclosure information, program booklet, etc.) for approval
- Capturing registration prior to and at the event and reporting it to PAMED within 30 days of the activity in the Excel template that will be provided
- Submitting an evaluation summary and financial report (templates provided) within 90 days of the activity
What is PAMED responsible for during the process?
- Responding promptly (usually within one week of your request submission) to let you know if we can consider joint sponsoring your event
- Working with you throughout the process to communicate requirements, provide training and resources, provide examples/templates when possible, answer questions, etc.
- Providing necessary oversight throughout the process to ensure that the CME activity meets AMA expectations and the ACCME provider requirements, including compliance with the ACCME Standards for Commercial Support of CME
- Providing CME certificates to physician attendees after receiving the attendance list in the required Excel format. We will provide a template for a certificate of attendance that your organization can use to send to non-physician attendees.
- Retaining activity information for required six years and providing duplicate certificates when requested
What are the next steps for my organization to apply for a joint providership?
- Complete a letter of intent
via email and include the following information: the organization’s name, name of event, date of event, and how the event will be funded (e.g., organizational support, advertising and exhibits, etc.) and your contact information.
- Complete the
CME Activity Accreditation Questionnaire.
- Obtain a copy of your organization’s mission statement.
- Send all documents to PAMED at